St. Andrew’s & St. Marnock’s Parish Church
The carillon was installed in memory of Peter Wills and daughters, Maggie and Mary. The bells were cast by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry in 1954 and installed in the following year.
Due to the pandemic, the carillon is currently played at random times during the week. In normal times it is played on Sunday from 10.15-11am before the morning service, and sometimes during the week and for town celebrations. It is also played extensively at Christmas and New Year.
Heaviest bell: pitched to G, 12cwt, 2 qr, 1 lb (1090 kg)
Construction: 1954-55, Whitechapel Bell Foundry
Practice clavier: There is an identical practice clavier
Carillonneur: Rev. James McNaughtan
St Andrew’s & St Marnock’s Parish Church
St Marnock Street