Saint Andrews

Holy Trinity Parish Church

The tower which houses the carillon dates back to 1412. The first 15 bells of the carillon were dedicated on St Andrew’s Day, 1926; a further two bells were added in 1938 and then six more in 1962 which meant that the chime officially became a carillon. The newest bells were added in 1998 which brought the total to 27 bells and enabled a greater variety of music to be played. ALL the bells were cast by John Taylor & Company of Loughborough.

The carillon is played before services on a Sunday Morning, and at various other times during the week.

Bells: 27

Heaviest bell: pitched to D, 31 cwt, 1 qr, 12 lb (1590 kg)

Construction: 1924; 1998, J. Taylor & Co.

Carillonneurs:  Christine Gascoigne

 

Address:

Holy Trinity Parish Church
South Street
St Andrews
Fife
Scotland
KY16 9UH